Friday, October 14, 2016

Fall decorating ~

I am a little late this year with my fall decorations, last week I finally ventured down into the basement and brought up the storage boxes. It's always fun to go through everything and discover things you fondly remember and those you completely forgot you have.

With the main part of the house still in disarray with the redecorating project I decided to limit my holiday decorating to a just couple of rooms: the kitchen and the media/library.


I love adding seasonal decorations to the kitchen, probably because I spend so much time here. For the shelf under the kitchen window I brought out the wooden box I made last year and filled it with pumpkins, gourds and fall foliage. Then added a wreath.  


Next to the sink I just 'plopped' a few of the extra pumkins in a very casual, but colorful arrangement.


 Once again brought out my little black witch to put on the bookshelf in the library/media room. I have had her for a very long time and every year when I take her out I am reminded how cute she is. This year I added the lighted jack-o-lanterns to the vignette. When I go in this room at night to watch TV it is fun to click on the light....spooky!

After Halloween I will replace the little witch with a turkey. Voila, Thanksgiving.


Miss Twiggley is her own holiday decoration. She is starting to get her winter coat and is looking, as you can see, quite beautiful for the upcoming holidays. She likes to sit in this window and watch the birds and insects flitting around outside. I left just enough room on each side to indulge her.

That's pretty much it for fall decorating this year, the living room project is still taking up a lot of my time. It is slowly progressing but more about that in a future post.

Have a great day.

18 comments:

  1. Miss Twiggly is absolutely gorgeous!
    We have a few miniature pumpkins and dried hydrangeas but not too much else in the way of Fall decorating happens here...I love seeing it in other homes but out two naughty cats destroy any vignettes that I attempt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Twiggley sends her thanks for the compliment. She is actually pretty good about decorations...at least most of the time. LOL

      Delete
  2. Fall is my favorite season and decorating in these rich and earthy colors is simply fun. Your decorations are beautiful and it looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wonderful displays are inspiring. the box full of fall is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have really enjoyed using this box in lots of ways...I really should make another one, this time perhaps in white.

      Delete
  4. LOVE Miss Twiggley! and the colours are all so glorious. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Twiggley is simply beautiful!!! She should be on the cover of Vogue! I love to see your beautiful fall vignettes! The witch is the cutest! BTW...I love your "sassy looking" picture of you in your gardening outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She is also very sweet and such a pleasure for me.

      Delete
  6. Your fall decor is lush and beautiful. I especially like the window display with the wooden box. We are taking down an old fence and I've asked my husband to keep some of the boards so that I can have him make me a box! Enjoy this beautiful autumn season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant idea...old, weathered fence boards will make a wonderful box. Lucky you.

      Delete
  7. Your home is always so inviting and exudes warmth Adrienne! What I love about coming here is that it is like I've actually been invited into a best friends home. That's the gift you give me. I love your Autumn decorating and of course, your sweet Miss Twiggley!
    sending warm hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice thing to say and how wonderful it would be to sit down with you and have a nice long visit.

      Delete
  8. Adrienne, your decor is always so pretty and your photos just show it all off to perfection. Miss Twiggley really does look like she belongs to a fall landscape. She is so beautiful..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Twiggley definately is a cat for this season. I will give her your compliment...in meows of course.

      Delete
  9. Miss Twiggley is so beautiful and goes with with the Fall decor. Your decorating looks amazing. Hope your remodeling is coming along wekk for you.

    Enjoyed the rain we had only wish it was more. Have a great week.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. Yes, the rain was a lovely surprise and it is amazing how such a small amount can make the garden look so much better.

      I will pass along you compliment to Miss Twiggley...she certainly matches the colors of Fall.

      Delete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.