Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas in the living room ~

I made a real attempt to be more restrained with my Christmas decorating this year, to cut down a bit on glitter and go for a more muted effect. I am pleased with the way it turned out.

Here, starting with the mantle, are the main decorations in the living room and entry hall.



One of my Christmas gifts to myself is a new fireplace screen, but I can't open it until Christmas morning because it is a surprise! So you might not see it until next year. this is my second attempt to replace this screen...I bought one last year too and ended up sending it back, I hope this year's version will be right.

Across the room on the little credenza I did a big floral arrangement of Poinsettias, holly and berries...nothing looks as good here as some type of bouquet


In the entry hall I put trees, without any decorations, just twinkle lights for sparkle at night, I wanted it to look like a little forest scene with the deer and Santa's sleigh.


And finally the tree! Pink and clear ornaments this year, lots of sparkly fruit and my favorite  crystal garlands. This little table top tree is only 5 feet tall but it is the centerpiece of the room.

No wrapped gifts yet, that will come next week.


There you are!

I hope that you like it, I had so much fun doing it and I love spending time in here especially in the evening with a glass of wine, the lights twinkling, a fire in the fireplace, listening to my favorite Christmas music, and Miss Twiggley snoozing on the mantle...her favorite and most naughty place to be!


Joyeux Noël


12 comments:

  1. Hi Adrienne! Oh, everything is so beautiful! Love your trees and the floral you made is just gorgeous! Hope all is well with you.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the mantel Adrianne. Everything is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my everything is so very pretty. I like everything that you did. Seems like most people are keeping it simple this year, I know I have.
    Have a great week,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so lovely. Next year I plan on buying a small tree. Love the reindeers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job! It's looks so inviting and welcoming. I love love your mirror and poinsettia flower arrangement in a basket!!! Can't wait to see your new fireplace screen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was almost as good as a for-real visit! You did a great job with your decorations. Everything is just right. Perfect! I love the forest scene in your entry and the flower arrangement is beautiful. Your mantel must sparkle in the firelight. I'd love to see a photo of Miss Twiggly on the mantel! I'm still working on my decorations. I've made progress, but it's slow. This year I'm cutting w-a-y back! Things are going slow because I'm going through every tote that was in the attic - and I'm making big decisions. Quite a few things have gone and more will go to the Goodwill this week. It's time to simplify life. In the meantime, I'll just stop by and enjoy seeing what you've done to make your home cozy and festive for the season.
    ~Adrienne~
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas at your home is looking so beautiful!
    I hope your fireplace screen works out better this year.
    Happy Holidays Adrienne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adrienne, I didn't realize you had wallpaper in your living room. I love it and everything you have put together is just beautiful. The picture you paint of yourself in the evening seems so right for your beautiful room..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful home, love the deer,and the Christmas tree ,so very well decorated.
    All with a touch of victorian elegance.
    Joyeux Noël dear Adrienne!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely!! Love the pink on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I love the muted colors and elegant look.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous room. It's so elegant. I can just imagine how relaxing and beautiful it must be with all your special touches. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.