Thursday, October 13, 2011

Shhhhh...!

It is early in the morning and the pumpkins are ripe for picking...but shhhh...we must be quiet because there is something in the pumpkin patch!



Oh my...a little garden elf has found a place to fall asleep and it would be such a shame to wake him. It isn't often that I find such a magical creature in my garden although I know that they exist.







So I will tip-toe quietly away and wait another day to pick the pumpkins for my front porch, after all it isn't everyday that a vision from a fairy tale appears before ones eyes.




Actually this cement sprite was a gift to me from a local garden shop for winning a contest a few years ago. I have always thought he was very cute. He is supposed to be a representative of Fall and I think he he is perfect to be amongst the pumpkins...which by the way have done very well this year, especially considering that they are volunteers and seem to flourish without any care or extra watering. Some of them are 2 feet wide and will need a strong back to lift them to the front porch.

Have you found any little unexpected creatures in your garden lately?


This post has been linked to: http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/, http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/, http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/, http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/

22 comments:

  1. There are fairies in the garden here too, but I've never caught one asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely enchanting. I'm seriously envious of your homegrown pumpkins. Good for you!!!

    Tomorrow, I'll be sharing our 20+ pumpkins that Chris purchased last weekend. Not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love it, deserves to be in a book or on a greeting card. Great Job. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrienne,che carino il tuo post..... mi sono divertita.....
    Penso anche io che gli elfi esistono,ma nel mio giardino non ne ho visto neanche uno.....
    Un bacio
    Sabry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the fairies who live here are much more evasive--I'll keep trying to get a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so funny, and charming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little elf looks just adorable sleeping in the pumpkin patch! I remember how fun it was to grow those huge pumpkins. Your are lucky to have such great volunteers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muito engraçada a ideia!Que carinha laroca tem o pequeno "elf"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your pumpkins are volunteers? wow! how cool is that! and your sprite ~ although he's asleep ~ he appears as if he would have a mischievous side to his personality! must be that little smile?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How enchanting, Adrienne! Your photos are lovely. I'm sure I must have fairies in my garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I have......mostly unwanted bugs!!! LOL LOL

    zo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh I love it!! how cute is that!! ~beautiful pictures thanks for sharing them with us :) Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness I hope I did not wake up the elf from giggling so much. It is so cute and absolutely darling. I adore your pumpkin patch. Wow what a great story!

    Paula, your newest follower
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely and enchanting post! Yes, I have a little elf in my garden, as well. But I have never caught him napping. Your elf is so sweet and delightful.
    I also want to compliment you on your last post and the pumpkin centerpiece in your kitchen. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwww...made me sleepy just looking at the sweet thing.. ;)
    blessings,
    rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute and entertaining post! He looks adorable hiding amongst the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet and entertaining post. What an adorable elf!

    Thank you for participation in Potpourri Friday. You have certainly made it more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who would have imagined going to pick pumpkins would be the start of such a charming post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute little fellow living among your pumpkins. That was a clever idea he has the perfect spot to nap all day.---------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  20. How adorable, yes I have found some unexpected critters in my backyard but they were not very cute like your little Sprite!! xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is such a cute little fairy who looks so contant and happy among your pumpkins. Good for you that you tiptoed around him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How Cute! Thank you for joining me at HSH Fall Open House! I'm late getting around, last week internet troubles.:)
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post and you would like to see more please sign up to be a follower.